Syllabus of DIGITAL LOGIC DESIGN (REC301)
Digital System And Binary Numbers: Number System and its arithmetic, Signed binary
numbers, Binary codes, Cyclic codes, Hamming Code, the map method up to five variable,
Don’t care conditions, POS simplification, NAND and NOR implementation, Quine McClusky
method (Tabular method).
Combinational Logic: Combinational Circuits: Analysis Procedure, Design procedure,
Binary adder-subtractor, Decimal adder, Binary multiplier, Magnitude comparator,
Multiplexers, Demultiplexers, Decoders, Encoders.
Sequential Logic And Its Applications: Storage elements: latches & flip flops,
Characteristic Equations of Flip Flops, Flip Flop Conversion, Shift Registers, Ripple
Counters, Synchronous Counters, Other Counters: Johnson & Ring Counter.
Synchronous & Asynchronous Sequential Circuits: Analysis of clocked sequential circuits
with state machine designing, State reduction and assignments, Design procedure. Analysis
procedure of Asynchronous sequential circuits, circuit with latches, design procedure,
Reduction of state and flow table, Race-free state assignment, Hazards.
Memory & Programmable Logic Devices: Digital Logic Families: DTL, DCTL, TTL, ECL
& CMOS etc., Fan Out, Fan in, Noise Margin; RAM, ROM, PLA, PAL; Circuits of Logic
Families, Interfacing of Digital Logic Families, Circuit Implementation using ROM, PLA and
PAL; CPLD and FPGA.
1. M. Morris Mano and M. D. Ciletti, “Digital Design”, Pearson Education.
2. David J. Comer, “Digital Logic & State Machine Design”, Oxford University Press.
3. RP Jain, “Modern Digital Electronics”, Tata McGraw Hill Publication.
1. DP Kothari and J.S. Dhillon, “Digital Circuits and Design”, Pearson Education.
2. A. Anand Kumar, “Fundamentals of Digital Circuits”, PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd
To join Facebook Group Click Here
To join Whatsapp GroupClick Here
To join G Plus Community Click Here