Download notes of Design And Analysis Of Algorithms (NCS- 501)
Syllabus of Design And Analysis Of Algorithms (NCS- 501)
I. Introduction : Algorithms, Analyzing algorithms, Complexity of algorithms, Growth 8 of functions, Performance measurements, Sorting and order Statistics – Shell sort, Quick sort, Merge sort, Heap sort, Comparison of sorting algorithms, Sorting in linear time.
II. Advanced Data Structures: Red-Black trees, B – trees, Binomial Heaps, Fibonacci 8 Heaps.
III. Divide and Conquer with examples such as Sorting, Matrix Multiplication, Convex 8 hull and Searching. Greedy methods with examples such as Optimal Reliability Allocation, Knapsack, Minimum Spanning trees – Prim’s and Kruskal’s algorithms, Single source shortest paths – Dijkstra’s and Bellman Ford algorithms.
IV. Dynamic programming with examples such as Knapsack. 8 All pair shortest paths – Warshal’s and Floyd’s algorithms, Resource allocation problem. Backtracking, Branch and Bound with examples such as Travelling Salesman Problem, Graph Coloring, n-Queen Problem, Hamiltonian Cycles and Sum of subsets.
V. Selected Topics: Algebraic Computation, Fast Fourier Transform, String Matching, 8 Theory of NP-completeness, Approximation algorithms and Randomized algorithms.
1. Thomas H. Coreman, Charles E. Leiserson and Ronald L. Rivest, “Introduction to Algorithms”, Printice Hall of India.
2. E. Horowitz & S Sahni, “Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms”,
3. Aho, Hopcraft, Ullman, “The Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms” Pearson Education, 2008.
1. Jon Kleinberg and Éva Tardos, Algorithm Design, Pearson, 2005.
2. Michael T Goodrich and Roberto Tamassia, Algorithm Design: Foundations, Analysis, and Internet Examples, Second Edition, Wiley, 2006.
3. Harry R. Lewis and Larry Denenberg, Data Structures and Their Algorithms, Harper Collins, 1997
4. Robert Sedgewick and Kevin Wayne, Algorithms, fourth edition, Addison Wesley, 2011.
5. Harsh Bhasin,”Algorithm Design and Analysis”,First Edition,Oxford University Press.
6. Gilles Brassard and Paul Bratley,Algorithmics:Theory and Practice,Prentice Hall,1995.