Syllabus of COMPUTER GRAPHICS (NCS-403):
Unit – I
Introduction and Line Generation:Types of computer graphics, Graphic Displays- Random scan
displays, Raster scan displays, Frame buffer and video controller, Points and lines, Line drawing
algorithms, Circle generating algorithms, Mid pointcircle generating algorithm, and parallel
version of these algorithms.
Unit – II
Transformations:Basic transformation, Matrix representations and homogenous coordinates,
Composite transformations, Reflections and shearing.
Windowing and Clipping: Viewing pipeline, Viewing transformations, 2-D Clipping algorithms- Line clipping algorithms such as Cohen Sutherland line clipping algorithm, Liang Barsky
algorithm, Line clipping against non rectangular clip windows; Polygon clipping – Sutherland
Hodgeman polygon clipping, Weiler and Atherton polygon clipping, Curve clipping, Text
Unit – III
Three Dimensional: 3-D geometric primitives, 3-D Object representation, 3-D Transformation,
3-D viewing, projections, 3-D Clipping.
Unit – IV
Curves and Surfaces:Quadric surfaces, Spheres, Ellipsoid, Blobby objects, Introductory
concepts of Spline, Bspline and Bezier curves and surfaces.
Hidden Lines and Surfaces:Back Face Detection algorithm, Depth buffer method, A- buffer
method, Scan line method, basic illumination models– Ambient light, Diffuse reflection,
Specular reflection and Phong model, Combined approach, Warn model, Intensity Attenuation,
Color consideration, Transparency and Shadows.
1. Donald Hearn and M Pauline Baker, “Computer Graphics C Version”, Pearson Education
2. Amrendra N Sinha and Arun D Udai,” Computer Graphics”, Tata MCGraw Hill. 3. Donald Hearn and M Pauline Baker, “Computer Graphics with OpenGL”, Pearson
4. R.K. Maurya, “Computer Graphics ” Wiley Dreamtech Publication.
5. Rogers, “ Procedural Elements of Computer Graphics”, McGraw Hill
6. Mukherjee, Fundamentals of Computer graphics & Multimedia, PHI Learning Private Limited, Delhi India.
7.Foley, Vandam, Feiner, Hughes – “Computer Graphics principle”, Pearson Education.
8. W. M. Newman, R. F. Sproull – “Principles of Interactive computer Graphics” – Tata MCGraw Hill
To join Facebook Group Click Here
To join Whatsapp GroupClick Here
To join G Plus Community Click Here